Friday 22 October 2010

A bit of a hair ramble...

I placed another order with Lush a couple of weeks ago as I had run out of my absolute favourite shampoo - Big - HERE's a review in case you're not familiar with it.
Big is also a favourite of my partner's and if it's not around he'll moan and groan about having to use other shampoos, pointing out how nothing else seems to lather up just as well. How very true - Big lathers up like no other shampoo I've tried and smells incredibly refreshing.
Being so impressed with Big, I also purchased Curly Wurly which contains coconut and vanilla and is meant to tame tangles and make curly hair more manageable. Although my hair is straight/wavy I figured that it would do no harm to give it a go.
Curly Wurly's consistency is a thick pink paste and contains real coconut pieces.
It also smells good enough to eat. The best way to use it is to rinse the hair properly after washing and to have a brush or comb at hand for brushing out the coconut pieces which still remain in your hair after rinsing. The
first time I used it I just simply rinsed for a long time without brushing and when I went to dry my hair all the remaining coconut pieces started falling out and I had to vacuum my carpet as well. Curly Wurly is definitely not for time conscious individuals.
I do like Curly Wurly but don't think that I will repurchase again as Big just seems to be ticking all the boxes for me and is less time consuming.

...and onto a winner...this one could be for keeps...- 

I think that I have finally found my perfect hair dye.
My natural hair colour is brown/medium brown and I do not like being experimental when it comes to dyeing my hair, thus I always tend to stick to shades of brown - either light, natural or medium brown - I just don't want to have to worry about the roots being a different colour. 
I remember the utter face of confusion that one of my male work colleagues once pulled when I told him that I was going to dye my hair brown. He couldn't comprehend why someone with brown hair was planning on dyeing it brown...rightly so I guess but us girls do understand this concept - it's all about adding life, shine and a bit of gloss to the hair...and still being able to see a change even though none has been made:)

So my favourite dye of the moment is Clairol's Nice 'n Easy Non-permanent dye in Medium Ash Brown.
It's easy to use, doesn't stink and provides natural looking results. The colour comes out a true brown and what I mean by this is that my hair doesn't come out dark looking, almost black or dark brown as can all too often happen with some dyes which claim to be a brown shade. Neither does it have any red tones to it as the ash tones minimize any red or orange undertones.
One thing I have noticed is that after rinsing out this dye, my hair feels incredibly stiff and straw like but the moisture rich conditioner which comes in the pack is incredible and turns my hair incredibly soft - and smells fabulous as well. I wonder if it can be purchased separately?
Here's a picture of my hair - not the best but it's damn hard taking a picture of your hair by yourself:
Do you tend to stick to one hair dye or do you prefer being experimental?

No comments:

Post a Comment