Thursday 22 July 2010

LUSH BIG Shampoo & current hair products

A review of Lush Big Shampoo has been LONG overdue on my part which is weird actually considering how much I actually love the stuff.

The shampoo comes in a tub - sort of like an ice-cream tub - but the contents don't look too appetising. The key ingredients are sea salt, seaweed and lime.
Big is both a clarifying as well as a volumising shampoo so if you're after squeaky clean hair that's full of life and bounce then be sure to give it a go and you'll never look back.
The scent is incredibly refreshing and kind of reminds me a little bit of cucumbers.

At first I was a little scared that I'd have a very difficult time trying to rid my hair of all the salt but luckily that wasn't the case at all because the salt dissolves as you're massaging the shampoo into your hair and produces the most amazingly rich lather.

I try to refrain from using it on a daily basis (it's very hard not to) because it is a clarifying shampoo and can leave your hair feeling a bit stripped or dry if used too often. It's also advisable to use a conditioner afterwards but I don't tend to use one as I really love smelling the lingering freshness of Big in my hair following application.

I will forever continue to repurchase Big Shampoo as it's the best shampoo that I have ever used and my partner couldn't agree more. It's a pleasure to use and leaves the hair feeling squeaky clean, fresh, shiny and full of bounce. I LOVE BIG!!!

I like to alternate Big with something moisturising such as The Body Shop's Banana Shampoo and Conditioner which smell really yummy and good enough to drink - like ripe bananas or a banana milkshake. This Banana Shampoo and Conditioner do a great job of making my hair feel MEGA soft!

I have also recently tried out the American Cream Conditioner from Lush.
 American Cream is a fruity, creamy conditioner with the scent of honey, vanilla, strawberries and oranges.
When I first smelled it my initial reaction was that I had made a mistake of buying it as I had found the scent to be a bit too strong for me and was worried that it would land up bringing on a migraine as that's what normally happens to me with very overly sweet and over-powering scents.

That all changed however, whenever I applied it to the hair and thought that it actually smelled deliciously. The smell is very lingering though so you will find that you're be able to smell it right up to your next wash and you'll also be able to smell it on your pillows. This is a bit too much for me as it does smell quite sweet and it does get a little bit nauseating for me personally after a while. I made the mistake of buying this one online and I would recommend that you smell it prior to buying as it's a scent that you'll need to love cause you'll have to put up with it right up to your next wash.

In terms of it's conditioning properties it works a treat. It really adds softness to the hair, making it very manageable, tangle free and thus easy to brush.

I still haven't used Curly Wurly Shampoo and it's surely going to be my next purchase from LUSH.
Is Curly Wurly just as great as Big?

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried anything by Lush, but I'm really curious about the Big Shampoo and would love to try it! And I think I'll have to check out the Body Shop Banana shampoo/conditioner next time I visit the Body Shop, as it sounds absolutely heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx so much for this. been eyeing the lush and was so hesitant. just might give it a try now!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete