Tuesday 28 December 2010

Two hair products I'm loving right now...

Hope everyone's had a good Christmas and is feeling well and rested!
I'm so glad that it's not bloody freezing here today in Northern Ireland.

I wanted to do a post about two hair products that I've really been enjoying using over the past month or so.

The first one is Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Nourishing Sheen Spray which comes in a huge 455ml can. I'm not really all that into sprays and hardly ever tend to use them, however I was swayed towards getting this particular one mainly because it contains olive oil which I'm a sucker for...actually I'm a sucker for any products containing any sort of oils as I just love oils, period.
Here's what it says on the can:
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Nourishing Sheen Spray is  a non- greasy sheen enhancer created to restore the hair's natural moisture balance. A blend of Vitamin E, olive oil and herbal extracts provide new life to all hair textures. This product is free of fluorocarbons and drying alcohols. Won't fog or bead like other sheen sprays. 

Boy do I love this spray. In fact I've turned into a bit of a spray fanatic. I love the scent of this spray, can't quite put my finger on it but it's light, fresh and has a sort of  "baby product" scent to it.
It gives soft, shiny and healthy looking hair, making it feel really moisturised.
Apparently make-up artists tend to use this spray on those occasions when they need to make the model's skin look super glossy. I've tried spraying it onto the skin and found that it gives it a really nice sheen without leaving any sort of greasy residue as it sinks right into the skin. I think that it's going to come in handy during the summer season for accentuating a tan.

Also from the Organic Root Stimulator range, I purchased the Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum.
Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum provides heat protection for hair. It helps to straighten the hair while shielding it from heat damage caused by using hot tools including blow dryers, curling and flat irons. Infused with Coconut Oil and essence of Olive Oil to add shine and moisture, Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum aids in leaving the hair silky, shiny and smooth. 


This serum has a nice consistency which isn't thick or oily but you do need to use with caution. The first time I used this was a big flop. I had washed my hair and applied a handful of this serum. I didn't dry my hair properly nor did I brush it before going to sleep - I don't really fuss over my hair too much.
The next morning when I woke up my hair was one huge oil slick! Unfortunately I needed to go out and didn't have the time to wash my hair again and so was forced to wear a hat all day long.
This incident led me to lay off the product for a while but I went back to using it with moderation and am liking the results.
The way I use it now is just putting a tiny bit onto the palm of my hand, rubbing the product between my hands and working it through my hair before blow drying. The result is a glossy looking shine.

Trendy Nail Wraps Update

My last post was about Trendy Nail Wraps in Born To Be Wild. Just want to update that I've now had them on for 6 days and they're all still on and looking well! I do wear gloves for all my housework and when washing the dishes - I'm good like that:)
A friend of mine also mentioned that it helps if you put a top coat over them after application. I haven't got a top coat over but they're still holding on pretty well. I think that the key is to apply them to a clean, dry nail plate free of any oils or products that might act as a barrier.
Pretty impressed with the durability - wonder what all those people who said that they come right off were on about...

No comments:

Post a Comment