Tuesday 30 November 2010

New Blush Love

Things have been pretty hectic lately hence the lack of posts - I'm hoping to catch up on posting and following all your blogs.

Northern Ireland has been hit by the snow and winter chills. My partner took a picture of me doing the morning round at the birds' feeding station - here's a sneaky peek at my usual morning hair do:)
Now onto the main focus of my post - I've discovered a new blush that I'm absolutely and utterly in love with.
It's the No7 Cheek Tint in Peach Silk
No7's cheek tints are available in three shades - peach, rose and maple. Being crazy about peachy shades it's only obvious that it was my pick of the bunch. Whenever I swatched peach silk it was love at first sight and I bought it straight away without any hesitation.
It's a bright matte orange/peach colour which when blended out looks very natural on the cheeks. It is like a creamy version of MAC's Peaches or Illamasqua's Lover blush.
Creamy blushes are great for the winter season as they tend to add a bit of dewiness to the skin whereas powders can dry it out even more.
The colour of this blush is very buildable so you can achieve a natural looking flush or more of an intense colour pop - it doubles up as a lip colour too!
I'm wearing it here on both my cheeks and lips:
It's best to apply it with your finger tips as the heat from your fingers will help warm the product up and make it easier to blend out. I have also used a foundation brush for application and it worked a treat as well.
I have normal/dry skin and have found the lasting power of this blush to be pretty good on me. When applied in the morning time, I've found that I only need to re-apply around 5pm.
I apply it after I've applied my foundation and set with just a tiny sweep of loose translucent powder.

I'm so thrilled with this new find and will always repurchase this stunning creamy peach blush...might just need to grab myself a back-up...

Do you like creamy blushes?

4 comments:

  1. love your morning hair-do! :) and the blush is really really pretty on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never EVER wear blush, but that one wants to make me give it a try :) I would have liked to see the maple color! :D

    Anyways, the color looks very nice on you, very natrual. And hooray for snow! In the states we've had it for about two weeks now! I love snow :) Hate driving in it!

    Glad to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous. May have to ask one of my swappers to grab me one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have just bought this with my no7 vouchers - can't wait to try! it looks lovely on you
    amina
    aminasbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete