Friday 12 November 2010

Illamasqua Lover Blush

I'm still very much feeding my obsession of all things peach and apricot. A few weeks back I finally got my hands on Illamasqua's Lover blush which I had been drooling over for quite some time now.

Lover is a light pastel peach/apricot with a matte finish. The texture is neither chalky or powdery as can sometimes be the case with a matte blush. Blendability is superb and the end result leaves you looking fresh-faced and youthful.

Here's a comparison of Lover and Peaches from MAC: 
 
Swatches: Peaches (top), Lover (bottom)
Peaches is more of a true peach where-as Lover has a tiny hint of pink. Lover is also stronger and more vibrant of the two and needs to be applied with a light hand in order to achieve a subtle looking flush.
Love both these shades equally and would recommend them for everyone's make-up kits and complexions. 

What is your staple peach/apricot blush?

6 comments:

  1. I love lover. Love peaches too. I have both of them and love them both equally too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that blush! I wish they sold Illamasqua near where I live. I can't bring myself to pay for shipping

    ReplyDelete
  3. X) I usually don't wear blush, im already too redfaced as it is :P

    :) Love hearing a post again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love joe fresh brand!
    twitter: @FASHION_ICE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx for the comments!
    @FunnyFaceBeauty - hope that you'll get your hands on it, it really draws a lot of compliments:)

    @Kate - there's nothing better than a natural flush! I know I've been bad at posting lately...

    @Fashion Ice - haven't tried any of the joe fresh stuff but just checked them out on the internet and the cheek tints look great. Don't think they're available in the UK though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really love this blush! it looks so natural and good for an everyday look!!
    http://cityloveshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete