Monday 15 November 2010

E.L.F. Studio Line HD Powder

I hardly ever use powder for setting my own make-up as I have normal/dry skin and find that powders only make it look more dull and dehydrated.
Nonetheless, I was very keen on giving E.L.F.'s High Definition powder a go having heard many good things about it - and disappointed I'm not!

The powder is white, fine and feels light and silky. A word of caution - do not apply it with the powder puff included as you'll end up applying way too much product which will leave a white residue on the skin. I like to apply it with either a powder or kabuki brush, buffing it gently into the skin.

I use it to set my foundation, undereye concealer and cream blush. The powder blends well, disappearing into the skin and evening out the skin texture. It doesn't look cakey nor heavy.

I've been reaching for it on a daily basis and have incorporated it into my make-up routine as I find that it makes my skin look soft and fresh. It really does give a smooth and flawless finish to the skin. I've noticed that my face still looks "polished" at the end of the day and I reckon that it's down to the powder.

Have you tried it and what are your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. I would love to try this! I am using MAC's Prep and Prime and love it too because it is so invisible! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to try it but it was out of stock :(

    I did buy a few other products from the ELF-site..
    Actually I made a review of them on my blog today :) Feel free to visit/folow !

    www.glamloving.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried this yet...I wonder if it is silica spheres....i use cs silica powder, which is same as the MUFE HD powder and great for oilier skin...i should buy this one though!

    Great review =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for commenting and visiting my blog girls!
    The ingredients for this powder are:
    Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica

    ReplyDelete