Tuesday 12 October 2010

Some Essie...

First of all, many apologies for being a terrible blogger but things have been pretty hectic lately and I'm really hoping to improve on the blogging front...

To help me get back into the swing of things, I thought that I'd share with you two Essie nail polishes that I bought last week - Velvet Voyeur (left)  & Haute As Hello (right).
Essie describes Velvet Voyeur as an "intense chocolate amethyst". In the bottle it looks like a dark purple shade but on the nails it comes out very dark, almost black. Definitely a "vampy" sort of shade that is going to be perfect for Autumn/Winter.
Haute As Hello might not be the colour of the moment but I picked it up anyway and will surely not be waiting for Spring/Summer to wear it as it's a very bright coral shade which is definitely going to help brighten up any gloomy autumn days.
(Please pardon the very rushed paint job but I just wanted to get both colours on for the purpose of this post.)
I find that you need to be rather careful with the application of these as they're quite runny and it's best to apply two very thin coats and be diligent with removing excess polish off the brush before application. 

What polish are you currently wearing?

2 comments:

  1. I love Haute as Hello. I like the look of the other polish in the bottle but I think it looks too dark for me on the nail. I am looking for one thats like the bottle for fall. Thanks for the swatches
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with Essie. I love their colors but hate the effor that it takes to apply them. :) I need Haute as Hello in my life. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete