Monday 25 October 2010

Cha Cha Lip Tar

OCC's (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics) Lip Tar in Cha Cha is a gorgeous pastel peach shade and thus a winner in my books. This shade is probably more suited to being worn in the spring and summer but I'm all ready to break the rules and wear Cha Cha as often as I can.
It's not the easiest shade to wear, mind you - lip tars need to be applied with caution as they're saturated in colour and SUPER pigmented. You've probably heard this before but I'll say it again - the tiniest bit goes a very long long way! - wise words those:)

I like to wear Cha Cha in a very toned down and sheer manner:
What a perfect nude, don't you think?

...and on the lips -
The formulation is long lasting on the lips and feels very refreshing with a peppermint scent to it. I have also found that the lips need to be well moisturised before applying the lip tar as any dryness or cracks will be accentuated.
Due to the product being so saturated and pigmented, I'd advise to refrain from applying straight from the tube as you'll end up looking like you've just smacked on a whole lot of paint on your lips.
Using a brush is essential for having control of the product and being able to apply it evenly.

My very first lip tar and I'm blown away...there might be more purchases in the future...

2 comments:

  1. omg. i was at an event one time where i was offering lip touch up...and one of the guests PICKED one up and was using it on yourself striaght out of the tube (YUCK!?!?) and then she was in SHOCK at how BRIGHT and pink it was! eekk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross...yeah I bet she got a shock:)

    ReplyDelete