Friday 14 May 2010

Soap & Glory Flake Away Scrub

I'm quite picky when it comes to my scrubs as I really like to feel...well...properly scrubbed. I'm really disappointed with all those liquid type scrubs with just a couple of exfoliating granules here and there. So I've been on the lookout for something that smells nice, really polishes the skin, has a thicker consistency and doesn't cost an arm and a leg - after all scrubs can easily be made just by using a couple of ingredients that we usually happen to stock in our kitchens.

Luckily I stumbled upon Soap & Glory's Flake Away Scrub at Boots a couple of weeks ago,  retailing at £6.50 for a 300ml pot.
 
I was immediately drawn to the big, funky and retro looking pot - plus it's pink! Come on, admit it - us girls are just drawn to pink stuff.

This is a shea butter, sugar, and peach seed body polish with skin smoothing sea salt, grapeseed and almond oils - so pretty much the sort of thing that I was after as I really enjoy the combination of sea salt, oils and fruity bits in my scrubs.
 The scrub is actually a very thick, clay like paste with lots of grainy bits and a deliciously sweet, fruity and sugary scent. It applies really well with the granules melting away as you scrub.
The results: very smooth, polished skin with not a bumpy bit in sight. It's great to use prior to applying fake tan as it really does flake those dead skin cells away - sounds a bit gross:)
It's also not harsh or rough on the skin and what I really like is the thin layer of oil/moisture that it leaves on the skin (it's not sticky) - this just makes the application of a moisturising product so much easier and faster. You do have to rinse really well following use as the grains are tiny and the first time that I used it I still had plenty on me while towel drying and applying moisturiser - pretty irritating.

Overall it's a great scrub and makes exfoliating fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment