Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Body Shop Almond Body Butter

The first time I ever tried a body butter from The Body Shop was a couple of years ago and at the time I remember thinking that it was one of the most amazing body moisturisers around.
A couple of years later my views haven't changed one bit.
The difficulty is however, deciding which butter to purchase as there's so many of them to choose from - Coconut, Vitamin E, Moringa (one of my faves), Mango, Strawberry, Olive...to name but just a few.
I must have stood at the shop for at least 20 minutes just trying to decide which butter to purchase for smothering myself with. At the end I allowed the price to be a deciding factor and opted for the Almond version as it was on sale for half price...oh and I do love almonds.

Almond body butter also contains cocoa and shea butter, making it extra moisturising and perfect for normal and dry skin types. The consistency is as with all body butters - creamy, soft and buttery - very easy to blend into the skin, easily absorbed and super hydrating. You can definitely sniff  out the almonds in there but overall the scent is kind of sweet and reminds me of cake icing.

These body butters are great during the winter months and when making the transition from winter to spring as they really help to clear up and soften any dry and rough bits. 

Do you have a favourite body butter from The Body Shop?

...on a different note - how do you like this bright pink from China Glaze? It has tiny particles of shimmer in it.
Oddly the shade is called Naked - don't know why...oh well who cares - it's quite a nice shade for the summer.

3 comments:

  1. love that china glaze. i'm a fan of the body butters too especially mango, smells so good xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the body butter in ages. I have to try them again.

    The polish definitely nice for summer. China Glaze is one of my favorite nail polish brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH gosh I'm on board the body butter train! I LOVE Brazil Nut, Blueberry and Coconut Shimmer (you'll sparkle like a vampire ;P)

    The Yes to Carrots body butter is also pretty amazing!

    Looove the pink on your nails too

    ReplyDelete