Wednesday 9 March 2011

Bourjois Round Pots of Eyeshadow

I know, I know! I haven't posted in ages (guilty face) so it's great to finally get around to it...things have just been quite hectic but in a positive sort of way...I really need to start blogging more often!

If you've been visiting my blog during my absence then thank you very much for your patience!
Anyway, to get back into the swing of things, here are my thoughts on two lovely eyeshadows that I've been reaching for quite a lot lately.
Although Bourjois Round Pots have been around for ages, I purchased my very first two pots of Bourjois eyeshadow about two weeks ago as I've always found them to be a bit of a "hit and miss" sort of product.
When swatching them at the drugstore I've found a lot of these eyeshadows to either be poorly pigmented, too glittery or gritty in texture. There have been some exceptions though - and I purchased two colours that I would gladly recommend from this brand.

Shade 08 - a creamy beige, champagne sort of colour and Shade 74 - a rich plummy brown.
swatch of nr 08
I find shade 08 to be such a great bridal sort of colour. It works great on its own all over the lid or as a highlight colour. I love, love, love it!

swatch of nr 74
I use shade 74 all over the lid and up to the crease. It's just a really modern and chic plummy brown. 

Both of these have a very creamy, soft and smooth texture as well as great pigmentation. I'll probably get another pot of 08 just in case cause I've been using it daily and I wouldn't wanna run out...

Let me know which round pots are your faves?

1 comment:

  1. Bourjois is disappearing again here. I will miss the line since it is one of the cute dome shaped cosmetics that I fell in love with as a teen.

    I recently did manage to find an eyeshadow at ULTA on clearance for $2.99! A very nice purple black.

    I like the ones you have though, they remind me of chocolate and vanilla ice cream! LOL

    ReplyDelete