Sunday 13 February 2011

No7 Skin Illuminator in Peach

No7's Skin Illuminator comes in two shades - Peach and Pink. I opted for the peach because as you already know I love all things peach.
This illuminator has been a constant part of my daily make-up routine these past two weeks and I won't be growing tired of it any time soon as it's great at achieving that dewy look without going overboard.

Here's a swatch of the colour: 
...and blended out: 
I've been wearing it in a couple of ways -
  • mixed into my moisturiser or foundation
  • applied all over the face after my moisturiser and before application of foundation
  • dabbed over the cupid's bow, brow bone, cheek bones and bridge of the nose
Whatever way I happen to apply this illuminator, I just LOVE the results. 
It's great for putting some luminosity into my skin and giving a really nice subtle glow.

I do however HATE the packaging! It comes in a tube with a brush at the end that the product comes out of.
To use you need to turn the nozzle to the ON position and gently squeeze the product out.

The only problem is that once you gently squeeze the tube, the product still squirts out like crazy so it's best to press the brush against your hand to prevent too much of the illuminator from coming out.
It's also essential to remember to turn the nozzle back to the OFF position once you've finished using it.
This is something I forgot to do during the first use - I won't be making that mistake again!
The next time when trying to get the lid off I wasted a lot of product cause when opening it you're holding the tube and squeezing it which results in a messy lid, brush and a lot of product which you'll need to scoop out from the lid.

...and this is how messy it ends up looking: 
Overall this is a great product which could really benefit from better packaging. I will however continue to put up the inconvenient packaging for the sake of achieving a lovely, healthy looking glow.

What are your favourite illuminators?

1 comment:

  1. At the moment I can't imagine straying from my Benefit High Beam, but this product has me intriged. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete