Wednesday 5 January 2011

Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara

If asked which make-up item I'd not be able to do without, I'd probably have to say mascara. Even on days when I'm not wearing any make-up I still like to put mascara on as it just adds a bit of that much needed definition to the eyes.
So with mascara being my must-have item it is quite surprising that I don't have a favourite one.

A couple of years ago I swore by Maybelline's Great Lash and was never swayed by more expensive brands. Then I went onto an experimental route and never used the same mascara twice. I used a lot of mascara's by Avon having their catalogues always at hand.
I find Loreal's Voluminous to be one of the great ones but will not be repurchasing due to Loreal not being an animal friendly brand...and so my search continues.

The one that I've been using for over a month now is My Blackest Lashes by Prestige. I heard about it in one of Lisa Eldridge's tutorials and then went on to read a couple of reviews, all of which seemed to be pretty positive with a lot of reviewers claiming that they'd found their HG mascara.

The first time I tried My Blackest Lashes was a bit disappointing, perhaps due to the fact that I'd had raised expectations. But then as I continued using it it started to grow on me.
You definitely get better results by following the zig-zag motion of application.

As you can see the packaging is pretty plain and simple:
 The brush is pretty big which I happen to like:
My Blackest Lashes claims to give intensely black lashes and this is what I seem to have an issue with - does it really? Every time I apply it, I seem to be analysing the "blackness" of my lashes and whether or not they're any blacker than when I use a regular black mascara.

Oh, decide for yourselves -

Without Blackest Lashes: 
And with My Blackest Lashes on:
Well, they're definitely black but is it an intense black?

Anyway, putting aside the whole "black intensity" issue, I'd say that it's still a very decent mascara that wears pretty well and still looks in place and reasonably fresh on me at the end of the day. The price is great too as it retails for around £6 or so.
Does it have the "WOW" factor though - not for me personally although I have no complaints about it.

Will I repurchase? I'll probably continue experimenting and trying out other mascaras within the £10 mark as I really don't like to spend more than that on a mascara.
I might repurchase My Blackest Lashes somewhere down the line but definitely not straight away.

Do you have a Holy Grail mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment