Wednesday 26 January 2011

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Colour Blend Foam

Clairol's Nice 'n Easy Colour Blend Foam promises to make colouring an experience to look forward to due to its foamy consistency and non drip formula.
Personally I detest permanent hair dyes as I can't stand the stink that comes with the territory. However I was keen on trying out this one as it promised a clean and effortless application. 

So fully prepared to embrace the unpleasant smell I got all set up and followed the instructions:
...and so I mixed and shook the hell out of the bottle...gave it a squeeze and out came a stinky, rather beer-like smelling blob of runny foam. I applied it to my hair only to have it drip down my forehead and also onto the floor...no drip formula huh?

In order to get a foamy consistency you need to shake the bottle intensely before each and every squeeze which is rather annoying and quite messy as the dye goes all over the place.

Overall I'm not impressed and in the future will pass on this latest offering from Clairol. It's only saving grace has been the conditioning gloss (you get two sachets) that accompanies this product as it smells divine and leaves the hair looking shiny and feeling soft.


Have you tried this foam formula and how did you find it?

2 comments:

  1. Never tried foam in haircolor which pretty much sounds like a cartoon like haircolor kit to me. I prefer the old fashion mix in bowl and brush type of haircolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I just contacted Clariol UK and the CS lady was in hysterics because I said, Honey it smells like Lager! I have been using the non-foam product for 8 years and Woah! The smell almost knocked me over! I told her I know its ammonia based and I don't expect it to smell like Christian Dior or Roses but could you tell the formulation guys that its is way too intense. Like dangerously! Ps.. Ally you dog is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete