Thursday 4 November 2010

FOTD - a little bright

The other day I watched a video demonstration in which make-up artist Andrew Gallimore created two looks using No7's Colour Rebellion Palette.
I've had this palette for a while now and only ever reach for two of the colours - Purple Haze and Red Lead as I find them to be the "safest" of the bunch.
One of the looks which Andrew demonstrated was using the blue shade along with the purple - the result looked stunning on the model.
I couldn't wait to try it on myself and decided to go for it today as I'm going to be home bound all day long - just as well cause the weather's horrid.
In addition to this, I'm not really sure as to whether or not I'd be brave enough to actually leave the house wearing blue eyeshadow...it's not my usual shade of choice.

Anyway, here's how it turned out:


Here's a breakdown of the products I used:
Face:
  • Leichner Foundation in Blend of Beige
  • Garnier 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll-on on under eye area
  • Chanel Cream Bronzer as blush
Eyes: 
  • No7 Colour Rebellion Palette - Indigo Blue all over lid up to the crease; Purple Haze along upper and lower lash line
  • Avon Sonic Boost mascara
Lips: 
  • E.l.f. mineral lipstick in Runway Pink (adore it!) 
 What are your thoughts - do I manage to pull off wearing blue eyeshadow?

5 comments:

  1. I think you pull it off well :) It's not something I would wear to work though, just casual everyday stuff :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I plan on becoming an actress :) Thank you, I don't like eyeliner on me because I don't know how to put it on any other way than thick. For the longest time I was wearing black, sleezy and 'in' clothes and painting my face with much more makeup than most people wear in a life time. I know every teen goes through such a stage but I'm enjoying dressing like myself now- kinda boho. :) And I only wear foundation, a little eyeshadow and highlight, mascara and lip gloss. That might (by might I mean probably) change when I learn how to do eyeliner and colored eyeshadow in a soft and natrual way. But yeah, I love acting, you can read about why I love it on this blog post: http://kranberriesjuicies.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunday-nightness-101010.html

    it also has a couple other weird things about how I got to love acting :)

    What I really want to do when I graduate is go into the rotc and do that at the same time as college because then theyll pay for it, ill go into the army for entertaining for four years and then come out of it and be an actress in new york or even a stage actress in europe :) I might follow that path and change it from being an actress to a ballerina.. who knows.. im no good at ballet but its a good idea you know?? I love ballet and it would be really cool to persue it as my career :) Ohh! And today I got moved up from second barre to first barre in ballet :)))) its like graduation!

    but who knows, only a couple years until i have to do one of those though, so i better decide soon, right? :P Anyway, im going to knit meeting, ttyl :)

    Love yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty! hey how well does that Garnier 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll-on on under eye area work for you? I've been eyeing it for a while, but not sure if I should purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @kranberriesjuices - great and exciting plans! Keep going forward and working on them so that it all works out. I think it will as you sound very determined. And congrats on the ballet - you must be pretty tough. My partner always says that people who do ballet are tough cookies:)

    @MLE - thx. I find the Garnier roll on to be pretty good actually. I apply quite a bit and just gently pat it in with my fingers - really brightens up the under eye area and I can look rather vampire like without under eye concealing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the blue eye/pink lip combo on you! You look very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete