Friday 3 September 2010

Zig-zag no more...?

I've been lured in by a gimmick in the form of a mascara. To get perfectly separated lashes that ooze length and volume, it is advisable to use a zig-zag motion when applying your mascara and to zig-zag your way from the roots of the lashes right up to the tips. This method does really work. For those who are too lazy to zig-zag or haven't mastered this technique:), Avon has introduced their new vibrating mascara called Sonic Boost which re-creates the make-up artist's zig-zag hand motion.
Avon says: 8000 vibrations a minute re-create the make-up artist's zig-zag motion for spectacular seperation, ultimate coverage and up to 6x volume.

To use:
  • pull and remove tab to activate battery
  • twist mascara cap at middle to turn the motor on
  • apply from root to tip of lashes 
  • twist cap tightly after each use to shut the motor of

My thoughts: it tickles! Or at least I find it to be incredibly ticklish. I haven't noticed any extraordinary results, have a look for yourselves:


Before: 

After: 

Overall I'd say that I haven't been blown away and nothing really excites me about this mascara. I've been able to achieve similar or even better results by zig-zagging my way with various other mascaras.

Oh well, perhaps I won't fall for any more beautifying gimmicks in the future...

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Love this. I need to give it a try. I'm a sucker for mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to try that but never did. guess I wasn't missing out on much.

    love the blog!!

    http://bravotalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete