Sunday 5 September 2010

Yummy Lips

I always make sure to have a lip balm at the ready. Generally I tend to keep one in my handbag at all times, this comes in especially handy on those days where I couldn't be bothered to apply lipstick or just forget to take it along with me for touch ups.

My current handbag companion is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Dark Chocolate & Peppermint Lip Butter.
Beware: if you ain't big into your chocolate then you might find the scent of this lip butter quite sickly. But if you're a chocoholic then this will surely delight your senses as the scent is potent.
Reminds me of a minty hot chocolate from Starbucks and the peppermint crisp chocolate bars I used to stuff my face with when I still lived in South Africa.
Although you'll be tempted to taste, there's no need for it as it isn't flavoured - I did have to check for myself:)

The lip butter is very softening and feels creamy due to its thick consistency. The addition of peppermint leaves the lips feeling a bit cold and very fresh with a tiny bit of a tingling sensation which lasts a few seconds after application.

It feels light on the lips and adds a bit of a sheen. You may use it under or over lipstick or alone for a natural and glossy look.

I'm not quite sure if it would work wonders at hydrating very chapped lips but it works a treat for keeping the lips feeling soft and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment