Monday 5 July 2010

No7 Make-up Brushes

No7's make-up brushes have intrigued me for a while now and when Boots had their 3 for 2 offers across the No7 line I jumped at the opportunity of giving these a go and purchased four of their brushes:

Foundation Brush
This brush is fantastic! Costing just £12 it's an amazing bargain compared to MAC's 190 Foundation Brush and in my opinion it's just as good as MAC's version.
The brush is compact with densely packed bristles. It's super soft and blends foundation easily providing an even, streak-free finish. I do recommend getting it!

Concealer Brush
It's very similar to the foundation brush - I'd say that it's a smaller version of it. Very soft on the skin and ideal to use on larger areas that need concealing. I also like using it for blending out concealer on the under eye area. Provides great coverage and a smooth finish.

Eye Colour Brush
Compact and sturdy. Feels very soft on the eyelids and is very good for packing colour on. Also great to use dampened.

Eyeshadow Blend and Contour Brush
Ideal for shading the socket line and blending of both powder as well as cream eye shadows. It has soft, tapered bristles and is quite similar to MAC's 217.


I'm very impressed with the quality of the brushes and have not experienced any shedding as yet. The brushes aren't very long which I personally find to be a good thing as they're easier to work with and they have very comfortable handles.

...and one more No7 purchase that I also managed to squeeze in (it was 3 for 2 after all) - from the Summer Collection -
it's the Sun Drenched Eye Palette.
Very pretty and neutral colours.

Swatches:
The colours work beautifully together and are ideal for accentuating tanned skin tones or for creating a subtle sun kissed look.
The colours apply quite sheer so don't expect amazing colour payoff with these - I feel that their purpose is just to highlight bronzed summer skins.

Do you own any of No7's brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment