Saturday 3 July 2010

Natio Mineral Lip and Cheek Colour Wheel

Natio's Mineral Lip and Cheek Colour Wheel (£12.00) is a multi-use wheel of harmonious tones to bronze and highlight lips and cheeks.

It contains five shades - bronze, pink, plum, rouge and mocha - which you can mix and match to obtain an ideal shade. The palette contains ultra fine minerals, blended with Vitamin E and Vitamin C which help to soften summer skin.

I purchased the wheel on a whim and purely based on the fact that it was a wheel with creamy colours - a winning formula in my eyes:)

My first impression of the product was not a good one as when I began swatching I wasn't really getting any colour payoff apart from what seemed like a bit of tinted vaseline.
I've found that you need to actually scoop the product out of the palette and apply to the skin in order to see some colour - using the fingertips doesn't seem to deposit a lot of colour.
Two of the colours from the palette are too light for my skin tone so I've been using them to highlight.
 Although the colours look very pretty on the lips, I don't like the way they feel - I'm constantly aware of the fact that I've got something on them which I find pretty irritating. Also, they aren't very long lasting on the lips and I find myself having to reapply quite often.

Swatches:
However, the colours seem to fare well as a cheek blush. They go on smoothly, are easy to blend and the staying power is pretty good as well. They leave the cheeks with a nice glowy tint that is very natural looking as they blend into the skin really well.
The fact that these colours come in a wheel is very handy for popping into your bag and touch ups on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment