Sunday 6 June 2010

Spring/Summer Pastels by Revlon

I've been roaming the shelves of Boots lately and taking advantage of the 3 for 2 offers...and since I'm a big sucker for pastels I picked up two items from Revlon.

One that I have to rave about is the new nail varnish from the Daydreamer collection in Lilac Pastelle. It's just such a bang on trend shade for this spring/summer - a perfectly soft, pastel lilac colour.
The consistency is a bit thin so you'll need 2 coats but could get away with just one if you were going for a very soft wash of colour. The polish glides on for a perfect finish, is ultra glossy and lasts really well.

The next thing that caught my eye was this eyeshadow quad:
It's Revlon's 12 Hour Eyeshadow quad in Summer Suedes featuring 4 very soft shades in a light pastel baby blue, baby pastel pink, chocolate brown and a bright coral.
These apply really sheer and so provide just a soft wash of colour. I love the coral shade and will be using it not only as an eyeshadow but also as a blush and probably on the lips as well - over vaseline or clear gloss.
Although the shades are very pretty, the downside to these eyeshadows is that they aren't very pigmented and you really need to keep layering them for the colours to show up. They are perfect if you're after a fresh and minimal look.

Last but not least I would like to mention Revlon's Superlustrous Lipglosses. I own two - in shades Coral Reef and Peach Petal.
I've already mentioned them in previous posts but I really do think that they still deserve a second mention. These glosses are smooth and rich in colour so no need for lipstick. They leave the lips feeling moisturised, are long lasting and provide the lips with a shiny finish. In addition to this they contain an SPF of 15 so not only will your lips look super trendy but they'll be protected as well.
I've already got my eye on the Lilac Pastelle shade!

Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment