Tuesday 29 June 2010

Revlon Color Burst Lipstick

Description: 

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick uses Elasticolor technology to distribute rich colour pigments evenly over lips and allows the formula to move comfortably with lips – like a second skin!
Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick is also infused with moisturisers and antioxidants such as Sweet Almond Oil to improve lip texture and prevent drying.
Key Benefits:
  • Innovative pigments provide immediate, high-pigment colour release on lips to give rich colour in just one swipe.
  • Unique Elasticolor technology hugs lips with an explosion of colour that feels virtually weightless
  • Contains film-forming polymers for longer wear and skin conditioning properties
  • Moisturisers and anti-oxidants, including Sweet Almond Oil, improve lip texture
  • Beautiful packaging, with premium bullet lipstick case and embossed Revlon logo
I'm not into bright colours - I don't really feel that they suit me, plus I have rather thin lips and therefore prefer sporting a nude pout. However, this summer is all about lipstick making a big comeback and bold, bright shades are in.

When I first noticed Revlon's new Color Burst Lipstick collection, I was immediately drawn to the very chic packaging - I also love the logo which has been embossed onto the lipstick itself.

Swatch: 
...and how it looks on the lips:
The colour which caught my attention first was the coral one, of course (I've already mentioned before that I'm absolutely coral mad). Although a little sceptical about whether or not this bold coral was the right shade for me, I decided to purchase it anyway as I could always wear it as more of a stain rather then straight from the bullet.

I find this to be a very wearable shade as the formula of this lipstick is buildable and can be adapted to be as intense or as sheer as you like - my preference is to sheer it down or wear as  a stain by patting it into the lips with my fingers.

Color Burst has a rich, creamy texture, feels very light and moisturising on the lips and has good staying power.

That's my bright lippy sorted.

Have you tried it yet and what are your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Pretty! i have these swatches on my blog as well. Hope you can follow my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Thx for following! I'm already following your blog - thx for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color on you! Fab blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farah. Thx so much! I wasn't too sure about the colour on me but I can handle it when it's applied with a light hand. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color but I think its too bold for me...I have the peach one and it's my fav...I really wanna try soft nude though...

    www.stylefashionetc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete