Sunday 7 March 2010

Body Oils

I know it doesn't seem like it but spring time is almost upon us. Therefore it's almost time to reveal a bit more skin...pale and pasty skin which we've been keeping under wraps these past couple of months.

So how do we prepare to bare some flesh?

Personally I think that body oils are a great way of re-hydrating the skin and giving it a sexy glow.
I've got two fave body oils that I've been buying for a while now as I absolutely love their versatility.

The first one is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Body Oil

This oil smells just as delicious as Palmer's regular moisturisers. I apply it onto damp skin upon leaving the bath or shower and then pat dry with a towel. The whole process is super quick and the results are amazing. It dries rather quickly, doesn't leave an oily residue, leaves skin feeling silky soft and makes you smell all yummy. The chocolatey scent isn't over-powering but is quite long lasting as you'll be able to smell it on your skin even a couple of hours after application. I also like pouring a little bit into my bath for an additional dose of moisturisation.

My other must-have oil is from The Body Shop and it's the Spa Wisdom Polynesia Monoi Miracle Oil.


Here's a couple of ways in which you can use it:

  • smooth it onto your skin prior to taking a bath or shower as the steam will help your skin absorb the oil
  • rub some into damp hair and leave on for a while before shampooing
  • use as a regular massage oil or body moisturiser
  • pour a bit into your bath water
  • use as a hand moisturiser and massage into nails and cuticles

It truly is a gem. It has a very lovely flowery scent and dries incredibly quickly. I tend to use it quite often as a hand moisturiser - just used it a second ago actually and was able to get back to typing following application - it really does take only a couple of seconds to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment